Please see below the standard Terms and Conditions for the supply of Goods and Services of Leading Lawns, operating as a division within Smith Construction (Heckington) Ltd.
Please see below a number of words and their meanings which will be used throughout this documentation.
- ‘Consumer’ shall have the meaning as described in section 12 of the Unfair Contract Terms Act 1977.
- ‘Customer’ means the person purchasing the Goods and or Services from the Supplier.
- ‘Goods and Services’ means the products being purchased by the Customer.
- ‘Supplier’ means Leading Lawns, a division operating within Smith Construction (Heckington) Ltd.
- ‘Terms and Conditions’ means the Terms and Conditions set out in this documentation and any special/specific Terms and Conditions agreed in writing by the Supplier.
- These Terms and Conditions shall apply to all contracts for the supply of Goods and Services by the Supplier to the Customer and shall prevail over any other documentation of communication from the Customer.
- Any variations to these Terms and Conditions must be agreed in writing by the Supplier.
- Nothing in these Terms and Conditions shall prejudice any conditions or warranty, express or implied, or any legal remedy to which the Supplier may be entitled in relation to the Good and Services, by virtue of any statute, law or regulation.
- Nothing in these Terms and Conditions shall affect the Customers’ statutory rights as a Consumer.
COLOUR AND SPECIFICATIONS
Every effort has been made to ensure the descriptions of our Leading Lawns products are accurate however specifications are subject to change. Data sheets can be viewed via the products section of the website.
We provide free samples and we encourage our customers to use this service to enable them to make an informed decision as to which product is best for their purpose. Please note however that our products may vary slightly in colour from batch to batch.
- The order shall remain valid for 28 days.
- The Customer has accepted these Terms and Conditions by ticking the box on the order page of the website.
- The Customer is responsible for ensuring the quantity ordered is sufficient for the chosen area. Please use our garden planner to work out the quantity needed.
PRICE AND PAYMENT
- Customers are able to pay for the Goods and/or Services via the World Pay system installed on our website, the types of credit and debit cards we accept are visible on the website.
- Alternatively Customers are able to contact our office and pay for their Goods and/or Services via the telephone.
- No Goods will be despatched until payment has been received.
- All deliveries must be signed for on arrival
- Delivery is estimated between 7-28 days. Delivery dates are dependent on whether the product chosen is in stock.
- Delivery will be confirmed via telephone and or email once stock has been confirmed from our factory.
- A delivery time will be confirmed during the week the delivery is due, however the driver will only be able to provide an AM or PM delivery time and a more exact time will be given when the driver is en route.
- The exact time for delivery shall not be of the essence of the contract and the Supplier shall not be liable for any loss, costs, damages, charges or expenses caused directly or indirectly by any delay in the delivery of the Goods.
- Deliveries are carried out by a one multi-drop driver and the driver may require your assistance with large orders.
- Deliveries will be to the main entrance and the driver is not permitted to carry the product through the property. The handling of the artificial grass is heavy and the roll cannot be bent. Please note, the driver will not have any handling equipment on board and therefore will not be able to move the rolls from the place of unloading. If you feel you may have access problems or restrictions please advise at time of ordering.
- The driver is allocated a maximum of 15 minutes to unload and obtain a signature.
- All risk in the goods shall be passed to the Customer upon delivery.
To enable the Supplier to perform its obligations the Customer shall:
- Co-operate with the Supplier.
- Provide the Supplier with any information reasonably required by the Supplier.
- The Supplier will correspond with the Customer to confirm delivery.
- The Supplier shall perform the Services with reasonable skill and care and to an appropriate standard in accordance with recognised standards and codes of practice.
- The Supplier accepts all responsibility for the condition of tools and equipment used in the performance of the Services and shall ensure that any materials supplied shall be free of defects.
CANCELLATIONS AND REFUNDS
- Orders which have already been cut can only be returned if found to be faulty/damaged on delivery.
- By signing documentation on delivery you are accepting the goods have been received in a perfect condition. We will not be able to offer you a refund if the driver can provide us with a copy of your signature, therefore please do not sign for the product if you feel it has been damaged in any way.
- If the Goods are faulty or do not comply with the contract, the Customer must notify the Supplier within 5 days of delivery.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
10.1 These Terms and Conditions shall not exclude or limit the liability of the supplier for death or personal injury, however the supplier shall not be liable for any direct loss or damage suffered by the Customer as a result of negligence, breach of contract or otherwise in excess of the price for the Goods and Services.
10.2 The Supplier shall not be liable under any circumstances to the Customer or any third party for any indirect or consequential loss of profit, consequential or other economic loss suffered by the Customers, as a result of any negligence, breach of contract, misrepresentation or otherwise.
10.3 For the avoidance of doubt, time shall not be of the essence and the Supplier shall incur no liability to the Customer in respect of any failure to complete the Services by any agreed completion date.
11.1 Neither party shall be liable for any delay or failure to perform any of its obligations if the delay or failure results from events or circumstances outside its reasonable control, including but not limited to acts of God, strikes, lock outs, accidents, war, fire, breakdown of plant or machinery or shortage or unavailability of raw materials from a natural source of supply and both parties shall be entitled to a reasonable extension of its obligation.